While Greater Green Bay can keep you busy in its own right, the options are endless when you explore the entire Northeast Wisconsin area.
- Enjoy a Friday Night Fish Fry or Fish Boil anywhere… literally anywhere is good.
- Celebrate in style at large local festivals like Appleton’s Octoberfest or Mile of Music
- Attend Broadway shows at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
- Over 600,000 people fly in from all over the world fly to Oshkosh, WI every July for EAA AirVenture.
- Experience beaches that feel like the ocean on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Observe – or participate in – some of the country’s most prestigious fishing tournaments.
- Play golf at Whistling Straits® in Kohler where the pros compete annually for the Ryder Cup.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at local ski resorts, including Granite Peak in Wausau and Nordic Mountain in Wild Rose.
A visit to Door County will remind you of the New England area. Yet, it’s so much more.
Outdoor recreation abounds, with hiking and biking trails, kayak tours, golfing, charter fishing for fresh water salmon along the miles of shoreline that includes the coast of Lake Michigan and Bay of Green Bay.
Up and down the peninsula, you’ll find quaint towns with locally-owned boutiques and artisans selling their original work out of small shops and galleries.
Stop and take in the tastes and smells of Door County! Known for their cherry orchards and lavender fields, there’s plenty of sensory overload, but in the best way. Delight your palette as you explore many locally-owned restaurants to fit every flavor.
We have an unfair advantage
Nestled between two Great Lakes – Lake Michigan and Lake Superior – and enjoying a varied landscape that includes forests, plains, river valleys, ledges and low mountains, Northeast Wisconsin has access to a little of everything.
It’s almost not fair to the other states.
The reality is that this region is so much more than most people expect. Most of the time, we’re happy to keep this hidden gem a bit of a secret, but we invite you to join us in our tundra wonderland.
So much to do… so much time to do it
With an average commute of less than 18-minutes, living and working in Greater Green Bay leaves a lot of time for fun and games. Learn more about other places to explore nearby: