While Greater Green Bay can keep you busy in its own right, the options are endless when you expand to explore the entire Northeast Wisconsin area.
- Enjoy a Friday Night Fish Fry or Fish Boil anywhere… literally anywhere is good.
- Celebrate in style at large local festivals like Appleton’s Octoberfest or Mile of Music.
- Play the odds at Oneida Casino or attend broadway-billed shows at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
- People fly in from all over the world for the EAA AirVenture air show, making Oshkosh the busiest airport in the world for one week every summer.
- Experience beaches that feel like the ocean on the shores of Lake Michigan.
- Enjoy hikes to breathtaking waterfalls and still be home for dinner.
- Observe – or participate in – some of the country’s most prestigious fishing tournaments.
- Play golf at Whistling Straits®, where the pros compete annually for the Ryder Cup.
- Go skiing or snowboarding at local ski resorts, including Granite Peak in Wausau and Nordic Mountain in Wild Rose. There are even bigger mountain resorts close by in Upper Michigan.
We have an unfair advantage
Nestled between two Great Lakes – Lake Michigan and Lake Superior – and enjoying a varied landscape that includes forests, plains, river valleys, ledges and low mountains, Northeast Wisconsin has access to a little of everything.
It’s almost not fair to the other states.
The reality is that this region is so much more than most people expect. Most of the time, we’re happy to keep this hidden gem a bit of a secret, but we invite you to join us in our tundra wonderland.
So much to do… so much time to do it
With an average commute of less than 18-minutes, living and working in Greater Green Bay leaves a lot of time for fun and games. Learn more about other places to explore nearby: