With so much easy access to water, summer in Greater Green Bay makes a big splash! In fact, our waterways are arguably more useful than ocean shores, offering opportunities to swim, kayak, boat, fish, jet ski, water ski, tube the river rapids and more. Add pleasant summer temperatures and tons of green spaces and you get a recipe for perfection.
- Rent a kayak or paddleboard and tour the Fox River or a local lake. If you’re feeling more adventurous, take an easy drive to kayak one of the most picturesque areas in the country at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Golf where the pros compete annually for the Ryder Cup.
- Get your fill of live music at multiple local parks throughout the summer and fall or at Appleton’s Mile of Music festival in early August.
- Rent a bike – or bring your own – and tour the trails within Peninsula State Park.
- Hike to Wequiock Falls or Fonferek Glen for a scenic and refreshing day away.
- Enjoy the Saturday Farmers Market or dine on the City Deck downtown.
- Check out the Wednesday night Farmers Market with outdoor beverages and live music.
- Take your favorite furry family members to one of our outstanding dog parks to meet new friends.
- Go zip lining and enjoy a ropes course at the NEW Zoo Adventure Park.
- Ride a roller coaster and play like a kid at Bay Beach Amusement Park.
There are so many more activities to enjoy on or around the water, like renting a pontoon or jet skis, charter fishing or spending a quiet day fishing alone, tubing on the rapids, sailing and on and on and on.
Summer is a season worth celebrating
We take summer seriously in Greater Green Bay, with festivals, parades and events easy to find on almost any weekend throughout the season. There’s something for everyone here. Find an activity to match your interest: