Unique in the NFL, the Green Bay Packers are owned by our community of shareholders – our fans – rather than a single owner or family. That relationship creates a bond throughout the community that permeates all aspects of life for a few magical months each year – and honestly, the whole year round.
Packers season is more than attending games at legendary Lambeau Field. It is probably better described as a lifestyle you have to experience to understand.
- Tailgate – you don’t need a ticket to the game to enjoy the pre-game atmosphere. Bring a cooler filled with refreshments, a portable grill and your Packers spirit.
- Titletown Entertainment District – there’s always something to do in this community gathering space just steps from Lambeau Field. There are Friday night campfires, a full-size turf football field open for practicing your best field goal kick or enjoying a game of catch and daily activities, like Wellness Walk Wednesdays.
- Packers Hall of Fame and Stadium Tours – Get a peek behind the scenes or immerse yourself in the team’s rich history.
- Food & Drink – Enjoy a mouth-watering meal at one of the local Packers-themed restaurants.
- Packers Pro Shop – Get decked out in style, buy collectibles or decorate your home like a pro.
You won’t have to look for activities related to the Packers. Those activities will find you!
Fall is beautiful
In truth, fall in Northeast Wisconsin is so stunning that not even the mighty Packers could overshadow its beauty. Pull on your favorite sweater as the leaves turn vibrant shades of red, orange, yellow, brown and purple and fall like rose petals to crunch under your feet. Temperatures are comfortable during the day and delightfully cool at night. It’s a time of year marked by a playful urgency to soak up as much warmth as possible outdoors:
- Take a relaxing run along the river on the Fox River Trail or Mountain Bay Trail. Or, up your running game by participating in the Fox Cities Marathon.
- Test your bicycling skills at Baird Creek.
- Pick apples or pumpkins at any of the many local orchards and farms, including Oneida Nation Apple Orchard. Enjoy pumpkin carving at Pumpkin Palooza, hay rides, caramel apples and corn mazes depending on the location.
- Visit nationally-renowned haunted houses/haunted places, such as Terror on the Fox and Green Bay Fear.
- Let your dog run free and play in the leaves at one of the many dog parks throughout Greater Green Bay. Then let your pup join you for a drink afterward at Bark & Brew, an indoor/outdoor dog park and bar.
- Golf all your favorite courses before they break for the season.
- Fishing happens all four seasons in Greater Green Bay. Find your favorite fall fishing spot.
- Northeast Wisconsin is a hunter’s paradise, with seasons for birds, bear, deer and more.
- Get your fill of live music and festival-style food at Appleton’s Octoberfest just 30-minutes away.
- Take the ski lift at Granite Peak in Wausau or Nordic Mountain in Wild Rose to enjoy the “fall colors” from a whole new perspective.
This is truly just a sampling of activities available during a season of beautiful temps and beautiful scenery. Learn more about living an active life during the fall with season-specific information:
Need even more adventure?
Want to cheer on the Packers at a rival away game? Or looking for a wonderful weekend getaway? We’ve got you covered.